Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Great catch-up,,,,

NELLIS AIRFORCE BASE:
We have been super busy these past few weeks. We took the kids to aviation nation at nellis air force base here in Las Vegas. We are the home of the thunderbirds and they put on a great show. It was a little cool and it rained on us at the very end, but all in all the kids (especially Kadence) had a great time. I think Kyle got some really good pictures of
 some planes flying that I can blow up and put in the boys room.

                                                                                      POLAR EXPRESS:
I was so excited when one of my friends told me about the Grand Canyon Railway. Every year they turn the train station into the polar express with Santa Claus. You get in the train and they give everybody hot chocolate and cookies just like the movie and then they read the story to you. They tell the kids that they are going through a time warp to the north pole. After a few minutes you start to see lights and then you see and Elf, Santa and his sleigh with the reindeer. All you here are the kids and sound of excitement and then we turn around to go back by and Santa was gone. After a few minutes they tell the kids Santa is on the train with us and will come back to see them. We had a great time minus me thinking it was closer to us than it really was and forgetting about the time change. Whoops!!! I had to call and change our reservation from 6:30 train to the 8:00 train. All the kids got a silver bell from Santa. The kids even wore their pajamas just like the movie.






As for me putting up my tree the day after Christmas well I can not do that b/c I put it up Nov. 1st. I had to try and get the kids in a Christmas mood before we went on the Polar Express plus I hadn't seen my tree before Kyle bought it for me last year. I have to say that it is very pretty and pre-lite . I still have lots of decorating to do outside, but I will do it tomorrow if it doesn't rain again.                                                                                                                                                    

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HOW NEAT!!!!!!
Wish we had something like that here in AR.
The kids are ALL getting so grown-up.
Ok, when will ya'll be here??
We MUST get together.
Let's plan......